Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

My bosch clothes washer Model wfmc3200UC/01 is stoping at differing

My bosch clothes washer Model wfmc3200UC/01 is stoping at differing times in the cycle and now is not even starting the spin only cycle. it starts pumping out but will not start the spinning, and if you get lucky and it starts the spin, after about one minute it will jump to 2 minutes from the end of the cycle and stop.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Bosch service technician and I can help you today.

Jon :

Can you please explain your problem again?

Jon :

when your washer stops is there water left in the tub? and is there an error code in the display?

Customer:

The washer will not always start any cycle you set it to. And it is getting to the point it will not finish the cycle, it will stop with time still on the timer.

Jon :

ok. so it will not even start the wash cycle. does it even fill with water?

Customer:

We are not getting a code and the pump will empty the tub but it will not always spin

Jon :

does it always fill with water at the start of the cycle?

Customer:

It will start filling with water and may or may not start to wash.

Jon :

ok. I havent checked your model yet, but is this a front load or top load washer?

Customer:

it does alway start the filling of water

Customer:

Front

Jon :

ok. thank you.

Jon :

after the washer cycle is set and you close the door and hit the start button, do you hear the door lock click? or does sometimes, espeically after the washer fails, do you hear the door lock click lock and then unclick and unclock?

Customer:

The door always locks and stays locked

Jon :

ok. good. thank you for being patient so far as we diagnose the problems with your washer. you are doing great so far. we should have a diagnosis soon.

Jon :

next

Jon :

do you hear any louder then normal noises when the washer does spin?

Jon :

like either a squealing or rubbing sound?

Jon :

and most times people desribe it as being very loud, louder then normal.

Jon :

like an airplane taking off.

Customer:

It sounds normal when i can get it to spin

Jon :

ok. good.

Jon :

one of the last things to check here.

Jon :

if you are with the washer now, can you please open the door and grab hold of the inner stainless steel tub with one hand and with the other grab the boot or door gasket and shake the tub. does it shift any? move about an inch or so?

Customer:

i will check and be back in one minute

Jon :

ok. i'll be here.

Customer:

it moves freely an inch or so

Jon :

ok. no good.

Jon :

if the inner drum is moving freely and an inch or so when it is not in a wash cycle that means the tub has become disengaged and the main bearings have been affected.

Jon :

have you noticed yet the clothes coming out wetter then normal when it did spin out?

Customer:

Yes

Jon :

ok. that is what i thought. and is what usually happens when you have this issue.

Jon :

ok so the problem is definitely the main bearings. and this just means the when the tub tries to spin it can either engage and lock into place and spin normally, or it cant lock into place and will not spin.

Jon :

and it is intermitant at this point.

Jon :

and when the computer senses the bearings are slipping it will stop the cycle or even start the spin cycle and notice the tub is either off balance or wobbling and stop it.

Customer:

is this like a one way sprag bearing/

Jon :

now, on this kind of machine it is not worth it to replace the main bearings. just simply too costly.

Customer:

Is this bearing in the main gear box?

Jon :

not exactly. more like a bearing of like a ball bearing type. it gluides over and in the tranny. but needs to lock into place when in a spin cycle and seprate in a wash cycle.

Jon :

the bearing is bart of the inner and out tubs along with the tranny parts in back of the washer.

Customer:

I can do the work how much are the parts?

Jon :

if you look directly into the tub towards the back wall you will see a slight buble in the tub. behind that is the bearing.

Jon :

more then $600

Jon :

that is why i say it is not worth it.

Jon :

especially on a machine that is older then 7 years or so.

Jon :

how old is your machine?

Customer:

So what machine should i replace it with?

Customer:

8 plus years

Jon :

I have been doing this for over ten years and for most of that time i have seen the least amount of repairs on whirlpool. so i would recommend them.

Jon :

you can get a good, newer front load washer that is more energy efficient and more reliable for about $600-$800.

Customer:

I think we are done with this machine

Jon :

ok. then if the washer is that old i would definitely recommend a new one.

Jon :

yes. unfrotunately.sorry for the bad news.

Jon :

If i can be of more help to you or if you have more questions please feel free to get back to me here and I will help you more.

Customer:

Thanks for your help

Jon :

Please also remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating.

Jon :

And again, if you have more questions please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Forrest,

Thank you again for the positive rating and very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have more questions or concerns with this machine and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Have a good night. Thanks again.