Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Maytag Centennial washer Mod.# XXXXX After the

I have a Maytag Centennial washer Mod.# XXXXX After the wash cycle the lid lock light starts blinking and the machine stops.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Does it drain the water after the wash cycle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not unless I push the pause button

Is it making any funny noises in the wash cycle itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What happens if you put the washer on a drain and spin cycle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ran it thru rinse spin and after agitating the lid lock light started to blink came on and did not drain.

You have a bad actuator on the splutch system causing your problems, very easy to replace, If you click on the blue link below you can order it for your unit, there is also a video on the same page to walk you step by step through the repair...

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The part didn't help.

Do you know how to get into diagnostic mode?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I could not find a tech sheet in the washer.

The tech sheet is located at the top left front of the washer, you can see it if you tip the washer back and look up the front from underneath..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They sure like hiding them.

They don't want you to find it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Problem