Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

The control touchpad on my GE Cafe range does not work and

The control touchpad on my GE Cafe range does not work and after a reset (unplug/replug) it works for only a short time. Anything I can do to fix permanently?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Is it certain buttons or all buttons?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All buttons
Ok sounds to me like the touch pad is shorting, Either a button has shorted or buttons, First try using a hair dryer on low heat to warm the touch pad up, massage the buttons. If after trying this your still having a problem then the touch pad will need to be replaced. In most GE models the touch pad is built into the control board, in this case the control board (also called clock or EOC) will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Hi Jeff,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,