Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Type your question here.F7 appears on the screen and it beeps

Type your question here.
F7 appears on the screen and it beeps non-stop.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you tell me who made this model? whirlpool? Maytag?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Magic Chef and the signal is F1 not F7.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok the meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

F1
1. Watchdog on board
2. Touch membrane defective
To determine which component is at fault, disconnect ribbon strip. If NO fault code, replace membrane, otherwise replace board

Basically what it means is either the touch pad or the control board has failed, to determine which follow the test below.

F1 touch pad / ERC test

This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.

Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).

Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.

1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
  2. Gain access inside the control panel.
  3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
  4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
  5. Turn the power back on.
  6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
  7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.