Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hello, Im working on a WSLP1100D0WW GE washing machine and

I'm working on a WSLP1100D0WW GE washing machine and it wont power up.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Sorry I have no info on this model, I will put this back on the list. thanks , Bryan
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Do you still need help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I made a mistake on the model number !!
The model number on the machine is
WSLS1100D0WW!!!!
ok give me a moment to look that up please.
Ok so to clarify we have cot a control panel that appears dead with no power?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I replaced the pcb control .
I have power to the black connection on the pcb!!
But yet no power from the power button!!
Ok in the case if the main control panel did not correct the problem then the problem is with the touch pad...buttons have shorted. This will need to be replaced
WH42X10511

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mike the pcb control panel is the touch panel !!!
According to the model number you gave me the touchpad is a seperate part connected by a ribbon wire. Let me take another look.
Ok I got it, If you have already replaced the control and have had the outlet checked I cant see anything else that would cause this problem, the only thing I can think of is that either there is a problem with the power outlet or the new control you got sent was bad.

I would run a extension cord to the unit, see if it works on a different circuit, if that does not help the problem return the part and try another PCB.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mike I actually had this washer in a garage with no pier in it so I had my generator with me and I hooked the washer to the generator!
Ok then it must be a bad pcb, the power is hooked directly up to the pcb then the pcb runs power to everything else....If the pcb acts like it has no power even though you have measured 120v feeding the pcb then it can only be a bad PCB

I have many times had a bad part sent to me, Basically some people will order the part then package the bad part back up in the box then send it back to the supplier for a refund.

I just cant see anything else on the wiring diagram to cause this.
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.