Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Model: MBF2254HEQ The fan (location: from the backside view,

Model: MBF2254HEQ

The fan (location: from the backside view, it is on the bottom, at the left hand side), is running in nonstop, approx. 7-10 days. In the freezer there is mild frost on the door, and on the lighting fixture.

This is what we did so far, but did not fix the problem:
1.) Defrosted it (two times already, to make sure, there is no frost on the coils)
2.) Vacuumed the extra dust from the bottom coils
3.) Vacuumed the dust from the fan
4.) Vacuum the dust from the Water Inlet Valve, which is at the bottom of the left hand corner, next to fan.

Thank you in advance.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

To clarify the unit has been running non stop? it's too cold in the fridge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is colder than usually, but not so much. The compressor not running all the time only the fan.

Thanks Agnes, The fan in the rear is supposed to run all the time, this is what cools the compressor, If the fan has become noisy then you may have to replace the motor if cleaning the dust did not stop the noise.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We do not think it was running all the time in the past. My husband also just at this moment found in the manual, that it should run continuously.

The other new thing, there is frost on the top inside the freezer door, and sometimes on the lighting fixture.

If the unit is a model that switches the fan on and off when the compressor is running then the electronic control will be bad. This will not be the cause of the frost. The frost will have built up in the unit because moist air is getting into the unit some how, likely because the door gasket is not sealing properly.

If the fan does not shut off within a minute of the compressor stopping you should replace the electronic control, this is located inside the panel where you adjust the temp.