Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE Profile 30" wall oven model # XXXXX Touch panel

GE Profile 30" wall oven model # XXXXX Touch panel does not work all of the time. Got the oven to work and used it to cook but then when done could not get it to turn off totally. The fan continued to blow and it seems line the oven was not shutting off all the way like it was staying on low heat even though the panel shows no tempurature. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the oven is designed to cool down and it can take up to 90 minutes for the cooling fan to run after the wash oven shuts off. It takes about 6 hours or more to cool down to room temperature. That being said, if the oven really was heating after it was off, then you need a new display control board because it's sending power to the heating elements when it shouldn't.

Now as for the touch panel not working, that could be either a bad touchpad or a bad display board. There is no way to test which one is at fault but if the issues are related, then the display board is likely causing both problems since the touch panel can't cause the oven to heat up when you shut if off.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So, if the touch panel works sometimes but not all the time it is probably a bad touchpad? So in other words, I tried to start the oven and was not getting any response. I continued to try all of the buttons in different patterns and still didn't any response. Then just one time it started to work and I was able to enter the temp and start the oven. So Touchpad?

Aye, that would be a bad touchpad.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So based on your first response, the oven was probably just cooling down and the fan was still running. So, if the touchpad is probably the culprit, the control board is most likely OK? Or would these go out together typically?

Generally they do not go out together unless you know of a voltage spike that just happened. Most likely you just need a new touchpad.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So, where can I get the best replacement part and price? Any thoughts?

I'm not even sure you're going to be able to find the part because it's not longer made. The part number is XXXXX You'd have to do some searching to see if anyone even has one in stock but I only see one person that has it in stock and it's $360. Below is a link to that part

http://www.a-1appliance.com/product/GHPWB36T10213

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So, one last question. The model number on the appliance is as listed above but when I try to look up the model on any website and even the one you just sent me to, it always takes out the o after the first B. Whats up with that?

The "0" needs to be removed. That is just a revision number, but to look up the model it's actually just JT910BA2bb
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.