Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I am getting a F code message on my maytag bravos washing

I am getting a F code message on my maytag bravos washing machine
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Is the F followed by a number like F 51?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Can you give me the model number please. should be on a sticker under the lid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Maytag Bravos Model #MTW6600TQ0. What ever happened happened in the middle of the cycle. There is water underneath the drum I can hear it slosshing around. The drum does not spin. Everytime I try to restart it the machine just puts water in it like it always does when I start it up, and then I get the F message.

Ok Kathy, Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Thanks Kathy,

If I were the service guy coming there to look at the washer I would have to run the diagnostic program, that would tell me where the problem is and the corrective actions.

This will need diagnosing and parts so if you are looking to fix this yourself you will need to run the diagnostic program. Below I have included a copy of the service tech sheet for this model, On it you will find the instructions for running the diagnostic program (service mode)

Click here to download the tech sheet

I would like to earn your highest rating Kathy, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this diagnostic test something that the average person can do. I do not have access to a service technician. Do i need special tools.

No it involves hitting buttons on the control panel, if you download the tech sheet from the link in my previous post you will see if you are able to do it kathy, If not unfortunately you will need to call a repair guy :(

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

Thanks!

Mike.