Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi - I just replaced the main board in a GE gsl25jftbs refrigerator

Hi - I just replaced the main board in a GE gsl25jftbs refrigerator (unit had stopped running after lightning storm). The part I got was WR55X10942. I installed the board per instructions and refrigerator now seems to be cooling fine. However, the front panel is flashing 0 0 in a pattern. None of the buttons seem to respond (tried to use other posts to take it out of diag mode).
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you definitely got the correct control board, but if you're getting 0 0 flashing on your display, you also have a shorted display control board I'm afraid. The display board itself would need to be replaced in order to control the refrigerator and freezer temperature properly. Below is a link to the display control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks - will the referigerator cool at least in a basic mode until I get the replacement display?

It's really hard to know. When a display board is shorted, you don't know how it's really operating so it may cool, it may over cool, or it may not work at all. There is just no way to know without monitoring it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replaced the display board you recommended and it did not fix the problem. The display still flashes zero. I have now replaced both the main board and the display board. The refrigerator is cooling, but the fresh food compartment is too cold and I cannot use the ice maker or control the temperature.

There is just nothing else that would cause the issue. You would want to call a technician out at this point to check the unit over and see if they see a wiring issue or something like that.