Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Model #: WFW9200SQ00Ser: CST5108640Type: 199What

Model #: WFW9200SQ00 Ser: CST5108640 Type: 199 What does F-11 and F-28 mean

Machine stopped and the above codes appeared.

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look that up please.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX codes mean the same thing, I have listed the meaning and the corrective actions below.

F28 SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR

The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU). Check connections of the CCU board within the housing. Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.

3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.

4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.

5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.

6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.

7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.

8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing the MCU connectors.
F29 DOOR UNLOCK ERROR

If the door unlock has failed 6 times.
Door lock mechanism is broken. Door switch/lock unit failure.

1. Check door switch/lock unit for foreign objects.

2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

3. Check wire harness connections to the door switch/lock unit and Central Control Unit (CCU).

NOTE: The door switch/lock unit can be manually unlocked. See Manually Unlocking The Door Lock System.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have 2 washers in trouble. One washer went from start of 50 mins and dropped immediately to 45mins. Then it flashed F-11. The "F" was stationery and the "11" is blinking. Now it's down to 42mins but the drum is doing nothing. Looks like the timer is working but nothing else is.

The 2nd washer, after a few mins, just stopped. It was filling with water but just stopped. The F-11 is showing and the 11 is flashing.

We unplugged the washers and then plugged them back in to see if they had cleared themselves. Not so.

As mentioned both problems are the same.

Serial communication error Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

Potential Causes

• Check Wire Harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check the Drive system for any worn or failed components
• Check MCU
• Check CCU
• Check Motor
• Check Wire Harness

Replace failed component.

Basically the problem you have here is the machine is having a communication issue between the main control (top of the machine) and motor control (bottom of the machine)

Try unplugging all the wires from the main control and the motor control, re seat the wires, it may be that the wires came loose.

Thanks!

Mike.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,