Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool washer wont let water in to fill. Tested valve.

Whirlpool washer won't let water in to fill. Tested valve. No continuity. Replaced valve. Still no water coming in. Just agitates
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you advance the timer to spin, will the washer still spin and drain even though it won't fill?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK so that is what I figured. This unit is known for having and issue with the temperature switch failing to send power to the water valve. The temperatuer switch is actually a small control board built into a plastic box to make it look like a switch. Either way, you need to replace the temperature switch because it wil stop the washer from filling. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for switch

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So both the valve and temp switch went bad? Is this common? Thanks for your help
It's not common, but when the valve goes bad, it will often short out the temp switch. It's hard to know for sure if that's what happened, but at this point the temp switch is definitely the part that would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Doc- I'm at customers home and installed the new temp switch. Still going straight into agitation, no fill, will spin on spin cycle. Checked pressure hose, clear
OK so I guess I wasn't clear that it went straight into the agitation cycle. This means that your pressure switch is acting up. Blow into the pressure switch where the hose connects, suck on it. Sometimes the diagram gets stuck inside the switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great advice. We're washing clothes!
Awesome, I'm glad it's up and running again!