Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Miele Oven H398 BP2 Our builders (here in Fiji!) have smashed

Miele Oven H398 BP2

Our builders (here in Fiji!) have smashed the glass door while installing the oven - is it possible to have the glass replaced or will we need a whole new door? How much will it cost and will it be possible to send spare parts to Fiji?
Looking forward to your answers -

Susie
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The glass can be replaced without replacing the entire door. It will require extensive disassembly, though. The glass can be ordered at the number below.

888-529-8790
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the phone number. Will the disassembly/assembly be possible for an unqualified person? We live on an outlying island and it is very unlikely that there will be a Miele technician anywhere near us!

Well, for the average homeowner, this is not going to be something that will be easy to complete. There are a lot of small parts and several pieces of glass and insulation. If you are pretty mechanically inclined and take lots of pictures during disassembly, you will probably be able to complete it.