Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Maytag dryer that will not come on. Its getting power.

I have Maytag dryer that will not come on. It's getting power. I turn the knob and push it and can hear the "timer" ticking but no action. Model PYE2300AYW
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Make sure you're getting power to the dryer first. If you're definitely getting 240 volts, then you have a bad thermal fuse. The thermal fuse is mounted on the right side of the heating canister. The heating canister is located under the top panel in the back left corner. To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards so that you can access the heating assembly. Here is a link to the thermal fuse kit you will need to replace.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do u have any pics on the removal/ installation? The parts store gave me two fuses to replace . I only see one. I put the first one in but dryer still wont start.

No pictures, but its hard to see the one you need to replace. The one you need to replace is on the right side of the heater and it has 2 white wires going to it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found the other fuse but to get to it I had to remove a bracket, one screw. The bracket fell to the bottom of the dryer and I can't retrieve it. Is there a replacement for this?

Um, yes. Below is a link to the bracket.

CLICK HERE