Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

the refrigerator side wont get cold .The diffuser door wont

the refrigerator side wont get cold .The diffuser door wont open .I replaced diffuser after melting ice inside old one and it did not work. model KSRK25FVMSOO serial SW2125689
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

It is showing the temperature near the damper you replaced. Try taping the door light switch so the lights are out in the fresh food section. Wait 5 minutes then check the damper. Did it open?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Door never opened. THE fresh food side is not showing a temp of box just what temp you want it to be at.should it show temp now?

Yes Jody it should show the temperature of the box. The only time it should show the settings is when you have touched a button and a few seconds after that. Give me a few minutes to look at the wiring diagram.

Thanks,
Barry
Well there is not a hard reset and the service diagnostics does not test the boards. The problem will be one of the boards. I would replace the main board under the refrigerator. It is the most likely part to be bad. The display only display's what the main board tells it to and if the digits are looking normal with no odd looking characters then I would think the display board is good. I uploaded you a copy of the sheet below so you could see what I was describing.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FILE.

I believe that will take care of the problem Jody. If you have any questions at all please ask me.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Barry thanks forservice sheets.I think pannel is in a diagnostic mode.Do you have the instructions to use the pannel so I can check I think maybee thats all i have to do but Im not sure because freezer side is working only fridge is not .service sheet says three ways to get out ofdiagnostic mode is their more that I need before I go back to work on it ?I remember hitting set I dont remember return to finish comand ?

To exit Jody you hold the set button for 3 seconds and that should return it to the normal mode on the display, well as normal as it was. If you have to unplug to reset (another way) be sure to leave it unplugged 10 minutes. I know that is not on the sheet but that allows the compressor and cooling system time to reach equal pressure and restart without stress.

One other thing I should have mentioned. If you trace out the damper on the electrical schematic you can see it runs to the board as well as the thermistors/sensors. I really believe that the main board under the refrigerator is bad.

Usually the location of that board is in the compressor compartment in a box near the fan, however I have seen a few of these mounted behind the blue water intlet valve so if you do not see it near the fan remove the screws from that valve and look behind it for a metal box mounted there.

You are very welcome for the sheet, it was the least I could do considering the lack of information. There just is not a way to seperate the problem from one board to the other. There is not a test. I would go with the main board though its the only thing that makes sense.

Ask all the questions you would like Jody that is what I am here for, I will do my very best to help.

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did do the three second hold the day I worked on it. But fridge still didn't tell the door to open I thought it was the board but was hoping to prove it before ordering a board. It took almost a month and 97.00 to get diffuser door. And it did not work. And I could not prove to myself board was bad. I looked up manual online at my girl s house on my IPhone but it was to hard to read on small screen and no glasses. I just printed out manual pages 3-12 to check procedure when I go back but I'm pretty sure your right about board. Thanks for your help Barry.

I looked everywhere and I could find nothing more than that sheet, not at Whirlpool, not in all of the documents I have. That sheet is all available as far as service goes.

Barry