Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My refrigerator is not cooling and lights are blinking on the

My refrigerator is not cooling and lights are blinking on the led display.

Is this a part I can change and can I buy it at maytag?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

How is the temp in the freezer?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

warming up, it is not cooling

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Ok Don,

Can you pull the unit out from the wall, remove the lower panel in the rear. Once the panel is off you will see the compressor, feel the compressor, need to know if it feels hot or room temp, also need to know if the fan beside the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

doing it now

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Ok take your time, I will be here
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

the fan is on and compressor is cool

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Ok Don can you give me the model number from the sticker inside the fridge please.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

model mfi2568aes

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Thanks Don, can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Ok Don this can be narrowed down to a couple of problems, Can you unplug the unit, Go around back and on the side of the compressor you will see the start relay. Take the metal clip holding it on the side of the compressor off then the cover (if it has one) then pull the relay right off the side of the compressor, disconnect the wires noting where they came from then shake the relay. Does it rattle like there are small pieces inside?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I just pluged the fridge in when we started chatting and nor the compressor is warm not hot,

I will do what u ask now.

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

it does not rattle

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Ok Don, Sounds like the problem here is the control board, Sounds like the control board froze in the defrost cycle causing the unit to shut down longer then it should. I would put it back together then plug it in, check it over the next few hours, having it unplugged may have reset the control board. If the unit has the same problem again you will need to replace the control board located inside a box behind the panel in the rear.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

is that the high voltage controller board?

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Click on the link below for the replacement part.

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Hi Don,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes Thank-you,

I went to sears for parts after phoning local Maytag service centers. Sears had the part in stock and I received 72 dollars in savings for their helpful staff. The part cost me just under 240 dollars(tax in), best price on the web.

Don't be afraid to suggest sears for parts it was the last place I looked.

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.
Great!