Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I am having a problem with the start/pause touch pad of my

I am having a problem with the start/pause touch pad of my Bosch WAS20160UC washer. I have to try several times before it responds. The washer is 4 years old and I have not had this problem until recently. I am afraid it will fail to start at all!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a moment to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are a couple of numbers missing at the end Elna example WAS20160UC...../18

Can you take a look at the sticker around the door, let me know what the numbers are please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok give me a few minutes Elna
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The other sticker has the model number and then /18FD 8812 200205

Your problem Elna is a common issue with this model number.

The start button has started to short from use, This means either the button needs to be replaced or more commonly the user interface control.

This will need to be replaced. To do this take the top off the machine then remove the control panel, once off you will have access to replace the interface (few screws and wires)

Click here to order the replacement part

I would like to earn your highest rating Elna, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)