Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have a GTUN275EM0WW washer/dryer unit s/n 007284C and cannot

Customer Question

I have a GTUN275EM0WW washer/dryer unit s/n 007284C and cannot get the washer to work. I have power to the dryer and power from the dryer to the washer, but cannot get the washer to function. The dryer works and produces heat.
Help please
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized GE service technician and I canhelp you today.
Jon : do you have meter to work with?one that can measure ac voltage and continuity?
Jon : Does the lid of the washer lock and are there status lights on the washer flashing? This would be showing you an error code if so, please tell me what lights are flashing.
Jon : i believe you may be having an issue with the door and lid lock assembly. Tis is the most common repair problem with this model machine..
Jon : it can be easily fixed or if need be replaced. S please get back to me here when you are ready to work on this and I will help you more
Jon : thanks
Customer:

I can not get ANY lights to flash even when I do the recommended procedure of holding start/ fabric softener buttons etc. I do not have a continuity tester.

Jon :

ok. thank you for that response.

Jon :

sorry for the delay. it has been a very crazy day for me.

Jon :

if you cant get any lights to flash on the control then we need to check that there is power to the washer. there are two screws just below the control panel to the access panel under it. please unscrew them and remove the access panel.

Jon :

this will give you access to the main computer of the machine. and on the computer there should be a status light. please tell me if the status light is lit red or green or not all?

Jon :

then when you are done looking at the status light behind the middle access panel, the one just below the dryer, then please take a small thin putty knife and or screw driver and depress the clips that hold the front panel of the washer on.

Jon :

the clips will be in between the front and top panels of the washer. And they are hidden so stick the putty knife in between the two panels and feel for the clips. once you find the placement of the clips take the putty knife out from in between the panels and push into the panel at that very spot where the clips are with the putty knife, depressing in the clips and pull away front panel at the same time. And do so for the other side.

Jon :

This is how you remove the front panel of the washer.

Jon :

Now with the front panel of the washer off you will notice the lid lock and switch just under the top of the washer on the front left hand side of the machine, if facing the front of the washer. please tell me with the lid closed, does the lid lock in place?

Jon :

if not, and you can pull up on the lid while it is in use and in a cycle, then the lock is bad and needs to be replaced.

Jon :

If the lid is locking then please reset power again and try the machine one more time.

Jon :

please get back to me here at this point and tell me what you have done so i dont go too much further.

Jon :

Thanks

Customer:

Front panels all off. do not see any light. friend had checked power going to computer board, has power. plastic lid lock goes into place. no flashing lights on front. cannot get machine to do anything. it is empty. dryer works fine. wife dried clothes again last night..all power comes to machine through dryer plug, which I have shut off at panel and then turned back on . do not see any status light. must do other stuff today so may not get back to computer until 4:00 p.m.

Jon : Ok. Thank you for checking. There is a fuse on the washer. But It is in the computer.
Jon : I would replace the computer and fuse.
Jon : Especially if you are sure there is power to the machine and to the computer board but the machine doesn't do anything. And there should also be a status light on the too side of the motor as well. So with the front panel of take a look at the side on the motor. If you don't see the status light lit there then it is another sign the computer is bad and needs to be replaced.
Jon : Get back to me here if you need anything else or have any other questions and I will help you more.
Jon : Please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating.
Jon : Thanks.
Customer:

don't see any light on motor. made room dark, and don't see anything in either place. don't see light listed anywhere on wiring diagram that was taped to inside of panel covering motherboard.

Jon : Ok. You are just not familiar with the machine and the location of the light. No worries. The light is right on top of the motor on the right side facing front of it. Look under the metal cap on too of the motor. You will have to get down on the floor to see it. And if it doesn't glow because no power then again we know you need to replace the control Main board.
Jon : The washer main board is part number wh12x10518. Should cost about $185. It can be orders from either www.repairclinic.com or www.applianceassociatesli.partsquik.com.
Jon : If you have more questions please get back to me here again and I will help you more.
Jon : Please just rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating.
Jon : Thanks.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Larry,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you have any other questions or concerns with this machine please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.