Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

hey. i have a amana refrigerator-With isbites and

hey. i have a amana refrigerator-With isbites and cant find the name other
than amana..90cm ..but it leaks water from the bottom in the Cold part-and every
3 day we have to dry up some water from floor..please,do you have an answer on this?
roger hornberg
Hello Roger my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number if you can find it there. If not then please tell me is this a refrigerator with the freezer on the left and the fresh food/refrigerator section on the right side?

If it is this style are you finding the water on the left side on the floor?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for Your service..SRD522VE-and the leak is in the bottom of the freezer and out on floor..its getting to fast ice in bottom i think??

You are very welcome Roger, thank you for the opportunity.

If you look in the freezer can you find any water/ice trails on any wall in there anywhere?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the ice begins right under the cooler in bottom..and ca 5-6 mm of ice in bottom...this ice begins to melt-and drops of water goes on floor..

Thank you. I understand. Once every 8 to 10 hours your refrigerator defrosts the cold coils in the freezer. There is a drain that the water goes out through the floor under those coils and into a drain pan under the refrigerator where that water evaporates. Your defrost drain has become clogged and the water is running out on the floor instead of going down that drain.

If you remove everything out of the freezer, then remove the lower rear inside panel arrowed red in the diagram I have linked at the bottom of the page, you will see the coils that get cold. Directly under those is the drain which is a dime size hole. You will probably have to remove a bunch of ice to get to it as well. Once you get the ice out pour a cup of warm water through the drain to see if it was only clogged with ice. You can also take something flexible and push down through that to help clear that out. Algae and food particles get inside the trap and over time clog the drain. Do not pour bleach down that drain. Just warm water.

Also I included a picture of a defrost drain arrowed blue, yours will be similar. This is not your model but a picture to give you a general idea of what your looking for.

If you have any questions about anything at all Roger please ask me. If not then please leave a rating for me.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you:) i try this and i think its getting ok

You are Welcome Roger. I will be in and out today, if you happen to leave a reply I will see that on my phone. I will be a little slower on the phone but I will do my best to help you if you require more help.

You and your family take care and thank you.