Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It just quit working one

I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It just quit working one day. The options on the control board light up, but no lights on the"cycle" section or the start button. Do I need a whole new control panel ?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

If the other buttons do not respond when pressed, you need a new touchpad for the unit. This is a very common issue on most Kenmore elite Dishwashers. Just order the touchpad through RepairClinic.com and you just need to remove the inner panel perimeter screws to get the touchpad/console out. It is a pretty straight forward job.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can I find the model number for this unit? Ask it says is Kenmore elite.....it's there such a thing as an "ultrawash"model. I think the part number is XXXXX the inside of the touch pad assy......8269156. Would this be correct ?

That should be the part number. The model tag is on the inside door frame edge. It should start with 3 numbers then a dot and 7-8 more numbers. all I ask is that you rate my assistance thank you