Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

dishwasher repeats cycle without stopping

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? it should be located on a sticker on the right side of the door and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

model # XXXXX

Unfortunately this is a very common issue and it means that your control board inside the door has failed. There is a relay on the board that shorts out. This relay sends power to the heater, so when it fails the dishwasher doesn't wash well and it will run forever trying to heat the water which will never happen. Below is a link to the control board in the upper right hand corner of the door you'll need to replace in order to fix the problem. The part costs about $150 + shipping.

CLICK HERE

To access the control board, just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door except the 2 down by the bottom of the door hinge, just loosen those two. Once you have those out, remove the 2 coming in from the sides of the control panel (left and right). The control panel will then pull off and you can access the control board inside. Remove the control panel and there are 3 tabs on the bottom of the control board you need to depress. Push on the tabs and remove the control board, then switch over connections one at a time and you should be good to go again.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

the screws on the door are not regular screws such as phillips. what type of tool do I need to remove the screws?

The screws should be 1/4" hex nut screws I believe. You need a socket or a nut driver in order to remove those screws.

Sorry please ignore that. Those screws are size T-20 torx bit screws. You need a torx bit which you can get at Sears if you don't have one.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I have finally received the control board, got the proper torx tool, opened the control panel, but I cannot locate the three tabs you mentioned. Could you give me any further advice on what to look for and where these tabs would be?

thanks

I drew a picture with arrows showing the 3 tabs.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sorry, pressed the tabs nothing happens

It does help, I must do this all the time. But you are more than welcome to separate the front face of the control panel from the frame of the control panel to see the front of the control board to make it easier. Other than that you may just need to force it or call a technician out.