Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Amana refrigerator BR22. How do I change the light bulb in

Amana refrigerator BR22. How do I change the light bulb in the refrigerator? I cannot open the compartment.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are 2 screws in the back right and back left corner, and there are 2 screws along the front of the light cover. These screws must be removed in order for your to remove the light cover so that you can twist out the light bulb and install a new light bulb. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator or turn the circuit breaker off when replacing the bulb so that you don't short any controls out when replacing the bulb.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The front screws look like they are under the plastic cover. Do you remove the back screws first to reach them?

Hmm possibly. The diagram is really terrible so I can't see for certain, but you should be able to access all the screws without removing anything else.