Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WE HAVE A pERFORMA MAYTAG TOP LOAD WASHER, 9 YEARS OLD , FOR

WE HAVE A pERFORMA MAYTAG TOP LOAD WASHER, 9 YEARS OLD , FOR THE LASRT FEW YRS, IT ALMOST ALWAYS GOES INTO A UNBALANCED SPIN CYCLE AND WALKS ACROSS THE FLOOR. i CKED THE SPRINGS ON THE DRUM, ALL ARE THERE? ARE THEY WORN OUT OR MAYBE ONE OF THEM TO CAUSE THIS. wE EVEN REARRANGE THE CLOTHS NUMEROUS TIMES BEFORE SPIN AND STILL HAPPENS ALOT OF TIMES.
wIFE IS READY TO SELL OR THROW OUT THE DOOR.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this is a common issue as these older Maytags get to be about 6-10 years old. There is a white teflon right called a "snubber" that wears down over time and doesn't allow the tub to absorb the shaking like it should. The snubber rib is below the frame of the transmission between the base floor and the transmission frame. It's the part that the entire tub assembly glides on top of. Either way, this part would need to be replaced and it requires a specialty brake tool to replace the part so you'd probably need to call a technician to replace the part. The part itself is only about $15 but to have someone come out and replace it would be about $150.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!