Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

During the spin cycle , four of the white wires running from

During the spin cycle , four of the white wires running from the central control board to the front panel board were severed from the vibration of the tub against the frame. The wires have been repaired, but we still can't get the washer to come on. Is there a reset sequence? our model WFW9150WWOO doesn't have the display area and the LED will not light up to indicate a diagnostic code., Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 10 months ago.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Whirlpool service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

Please allow me two minutes to look up your model machine. Be right back.

Jon :

Ok got it.

Jon :

First the only reset sequence you will need to do for this machine after repairing the wiring is to leave the washer unplugged for ten minutes then plug back in. This is the best and quickest way to reset the control.

Jon :

But if you have done that and yet the washer still wont operate correctly or even have the control light up at all then you will need to replace the wiring harness and possibly the board.

Jon :

It is possible that when the wires were cut it could have shorted the main control or user interface. Problem here is that there is no real conclusive way to diagnose and check the function of the boards to know if one or the other is at fault and needs to be replaced. It is a crap shoot at best. Unfortunately. And you will have to start by replacing one and if that doesn't work then return the board and try the other one.

Jon :

Good thing is that if you order the boards from www.repairclinic.com they are the only parts distributor that will allow and accept returns of electrical parts for up to one year. Even on boards that have been installed.

Jon :

But if the wires were cleanly severed, I would first start by replacing the wire harness and go from there.

Jon :

The wiring harness is part number W10232994 and can be order by clicking the link below.

Jon :

If you have any other questions or concerns please come back to me here and I will help you more.

Jon :

Thanks.

Customer:

What is part number for the board behind the control panel? Would that be the user interface?

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 10 months ago.
Lynette,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Yes, the board behind the control is the user interface. And the main board is the one behind that off to the side of the washer.

Give me two minutes and I will get you part info for the parts.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Expert:  Jon replied 10 months ago.
Lynette,

The user interface is part number w10212765 and should cost about $185. The main board is part number w10299978 and should cost about $215.

The parts can be ordered at either www.applianceassociatesli.partsquik.com or www.marcone.com or www.repairclinic.com.

Please get back to me here if you need more help and I will help you more no additional charge.

Thanks again.