Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Hello there. i have a Miele wall coffee maker (CVA4066 )that

Customer Question

Hello there. i have a Miele wall coffee maker (CVA4066 )that doesn't make frothy milk. The steam comes out first creating a cloud all over the machine. The steam becomes water at the bottom of the cup, then it releases the flat milk. All we get is warm watery milk no froth. Help is greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Miele service technician and I can help you today.

Jon :

This is a very common problem with this model machine and many others like it. You will have to fully and properly descale and clean the machine.

Jon :

The lines to the machine have become dirty and are the cause for the problem you are having now with the milk.

Jon :

You have probably noticed for sometime now that it wasnt quite working right and or tasting as good as it once did, right?

Jon :

Do you have the manual for the machine? if not, I can try to get it for you. This way you can read in the manual, word for word, how to descale and clean the machine. It does a very good job explaining what is needed to be done, Not too hard either. And also shows pictures as well.

Jon :

Are you still there?

Jon :

This is a very easy problem to fix. And I would hate to see you spend a lot of money on having a service company come to you to fix this machine and charge you more then $200 to do so. especially when you can do most of the cleaning if not all of it yourself in less then 20 minutes.

Jon :

I am going to send you a link to the user and care manual. read through it and pay close attention to the cleaning section starting on page 40.

Customer:

sorry jon! i wwent to clean the machine

Jon :

ok. sorry for rushing you. I didnt mean it like that.

Jon :

How have you cleaned the machine? and how old is the coffee maker?

Customer:

no you are ok it is me i'm not use to do things this way. is fun! any way I'm cleaning the machine. it is 2 years old but i hardly use it other than plain coffee and I do clean it regularly. i do have the manual

Jon :

ok. take a quick look at page 40 of the manual. have you run these quick cleaning steps periodically? if not, then I would recommend a full cleaning of not only the milk pipe work but the whole machine. You will benefit most from it.

Jon :

you definitely want to keep this very expensive machine clean as can be. Not only for optimal working performance but because it can make the coffee etc. taste better.

Jon :

It would take me an extremely long time to explain exactly how to clean this machine. So I will spare you the boring semantics. The manual does a great job of telling you and showing you how to clean it thoroughly. But if you have more questions or concerns please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Jon :

once you give me a positive rating of ok service or better below this chat now, you will always be able to get back in touch with me here at any time. And if you have more questions I will answer them at no additional charge.

Jon :

This is what you should do first

Customer:

ok. read it. iI already started the descale and I'm going to clean the inside part of it. thank you so much for your help. how do i go from here? do I wait or pay you now?

Jon :
Cleaning clogged milk pipework

If no milk, just steam, comes out of the

main dispenser, the milk pipework in

the appliance door may be clogged.

^ Take the lid off the main dispenser.

Pull out the nozzles of the main

dispenser (see "Main dispenser").

^ Open the appliance door.

^ Remove the stainless steel milk

container and clean it, particularly the

lid (see "Stainless steel milk
Jon :

you will need to pay me now. Then fully clean the machine and then run a test. if the milk and machine doesnt work better for you or if you just simply have more questions, you can come back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

In fact, you can bookmark or save this page to your favorites for quicker access back.

Jon :

I am sure after properly cleaning the milk pipe work and components you will find it working perfectly. I see this a lot and 9 times out of 10 the problem is solved by the cleaning.

Jon :

Thank you for following my advise and for being patient with me as I help you. You have been great. In no time you will have this machine working perfectly again. And will give you many more years of good coffee if you keep to the cleaning schedule and maintenance tips.

Customer:

thanks so much for your help and information. I'll go do my part, hope I don't have to call you again today

Jon :

You are very welcome for the help. And again, if you need me again or just simply have more questions, just come back to me here and I will help you more. And after positively rating me now below this chat with ok service or better rating, I can help you more or again for no additional charge.

Customer:

where do I go now to pay you. I will do what you said and bookmark this page

Jon :

just under the page you are on now, just below this chat you should see an area where it says accept answer or rate the expert. Click on that and it will guide you through the rating process.

Jon :

If you don't see that or where you can click to give me the rating, please come back here and I will try to direct you better.

Jon :

I will know when you have completed the rating process. It send me a message letting me know that you have rated my performance and answer positively. and you can then come back as much as you want. And I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Teresa,

Thank you again for the positive rating.

Please get back to me here if you need more help.

Please let me know how it went for you.

Have a good night.

Thanks again.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Teresa,

Thank you very much for the very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.

Please come back here at any time with any questions or concerns you may have for this machine and I will help you to the best of my ability and for no additional charge.

Thanks again.