Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have replaced my whirpool icemaker and now the inlet water

I have replaced my whirpool icemaker and now the inlet water valve. I ried the jumper but I have only stranded wire here and it didn't do anything. Still won't cycle. Whirlpool refrigerator model number GD5RHAXNBOO
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for choosing our service.

Open the freezer and look to the right. That light pictured below should be blinking 2 times and then a pause and repeat. The one that is labeled status LED.

graphic

Then if you push the lever on the left keeping your hand and arm low the light should turn solid. Is that happening? If you do not get this sequence unplug the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes and try again.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic
Are the ejector blades in the ice maker pointing in the direction as the picture below?

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The blades are pointing in the right direction but the lights will not sequence like you said, even after unplugging the unit and leaving it off for 5 minutes

Hang on just a few minutes I have a wiring diagram and I am going to explain how to bypass that part
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Thom this is what to do. Unplug the refrigerator. Open the freezer door and remove the screws from the panel on the right where OFF/ON is.

Disconnect the circuit board and make a good jump in the middle of the 6 wires. Jump the black to the black and white. Tape your jumper well.

Plug the refrigerator in and tape the freezer door light switch so the lights in the freezer are out.

Jump T and H on the ice maker. Remove the jumper after 1/4 rotation. It should continue the cycle. Near the end of the cycle water is going to come out of the tube so watch and be ready for that.

If all that goes as I said it would you need to replace those parts on the left and right frame. I have those linked below for you.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Level-Control-Board/4389102/921526?RCAID=1000064

If you have any questions at all or if nothing goes as I said please use the reply to expert link so we may continue. If not then please leave a rating for me.

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I am unable to jump the black wires in the unit, the wire I have available is too big

That is the only way to bypass if you wanted to test that way. There are no other connections. Those parts have to be bad but I was going to let you see it for yourself. The blinking sequence is a code, your not getting any light at all. Replace them, you can order them from the link above if you have doubts. They will take them back with no questions asked.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are blinking twice but they continue to blink twice them repeat when holding the arm closed.

That still is not the correct sequence. Pressed and solid is correct, then blinking a repeating sequence of 2 blinks is the other. That is what sends the signal on the board for the relay to close and allow the ice maker to have power.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks for the help

You very are welcome Thom. Have a nice evening and thank you for the opportunity.

Barry