Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My washer is leaking water. It is not coming from any of the

My washer is leaking water. It is not coming from any of the exterior hoses or drain. Whaere would expect the leak and how do I get to it
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Could you tell me the make and model number of your washer, the model number will be on a sticker around the door or under the lid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GE Model wbsr3140dww

Can you give me a moment to look that model number up please.
Ok Garth, To get into the machine grab a putty knife and slide it in the gap between the top panel and the front panel about 3 inches from each end, push the clips holding the front panel in place it should pop out.

Once the panel is removed run the machine as you would normally then while running a load check to see where the water is coming from.

It's either coming from the drain system or from the top of the tub and running over during the wash. if that is the case replace the failed part on the drain system, if it's coming from over the side of the tub replace the pressure switch, The pressure switch in these washers commonly go out of calibration causing this problem.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.