MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

LG LFX25971ST/03 WATER AND ICE LEVERS ARE STICKING OPEN. Both

LG LFX25971ST/03 WATER AND ICE LEVERS ARE STICKING OPEN. Both buttons have to be jiggled to get them to turn off by snapping back out. I think that either the springs or lever behind the buttons are either broken or out of alignment or both. I would like to fix this myself. What do I have to do?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Are you referring to the selection switches that you are jiggling or the area where you press your glass for ice and water? The reason I am asking is because I only see one area that you press for ice and water.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on this model the water lever is upper part of the dispensing group and the ice is the lower lever under the funnel. Water button is part number ABH37000107 and ice button is MBG42907106

Here is a link to a photo of the entire dispenser part:

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Dispenser-Fa-ade/ACQ36821602/1396109?modelNumber=LFX25971ST%2F03

I thought I knew which model you have but I do not. Thank you very much for sending the image. I will relist your question for all techs Robert and as someone can help they will reply.

Thank you for the opportunity,
Barry
A microswitch may be weak here- all you need to do is pull out the entire dispenser assembly and you will be able to see what is going on with the sticking. It is nothing complex. Spraying lube is not going to fix this in any case.

Pull the dispenser out starting at the bottom and work your way up the sides and the whole assembly comes right out. It is a tight fit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The entire unit snaps out?
Yes- that is what I said.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS