Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Hi, My Maytag Maxima washer was giving an error message (E01

Hi, My Maytag Maxima washer was giving an error message (E01 F09), I looked it up and found that it meant that it wasn't draining properly. I opened up the machine and emptied the trap underneath, and put everything back together. Now the machine looks like everything is ok - no more error messages and beeps normally - but it doesn't start when you hold the start button! The panel is lit up normally.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes, Plug it back in and try a new cycle, If that does not work please get back to me.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi, The fix suggested did nothing, and the follow ups received no replies. Not happy with this service.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
I did not see any follow ups from you.

Please do not rate me until we are done.

What is happening with the machine now? same as before, wont react to hitting the start button?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Don't know why you didn't see the replies, I tried twice. The machine is the same as it was, when you push the start button you get the same beep that you always get when starting, but the cycle doesn't start.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok do you have the tech sheet from the machine?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Nope, can probably find online

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Can you give me the model number please from the sticker around the door.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

mhw6000xw2

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok give me a minute to look up the tech sheet for this model.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok sounds to me like the problem is going to be with maybe the door lock. below is a link to the tech sheet for this model, The instructions are on the tech sheet for running the diagnostic program. Run the diagnostic program, this will tell you where the problem is and the corrective actions needed.

Click here to download the tech sheet

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I'm going to need a few minutes to try to check this out.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Ok take your time I will be here.

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, done. Problem was, when I disconnected the front to get at the trap, two connectors (not sure what they're called, bundles of wires with a connection at the end, supposed to connect inside the front panel near the lock) worked themselves loose. I guess they are the sensors for the front door. Reconnected them and now it seems to work. Thanks.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Your welcome M

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.