Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Hello, Im having trouble with my Miele G868 dishwasher. It

Hello, I'm having trouble with my Miele G868 dishwasher. It does not seem to be filling up with enough water to run. The soap dispenser is not opening and it is cycling through each cycle faster than normal. I believe that these problems must all be related since it was working normally just a few days ago.
When the wash is first started the drain pump functions as normal for about 1 minute. Then it begins to fill, but only for a short time. Approx. 1 cup of water. It then begins its wash with the water just dribbling out of the holes of the spinning arm.
Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 11 months ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Meile service tech and I can help you today.
Jon : what is the full model number of the dishwasher?
Jon : and have you received the intake/drain light flashing error code yet?
Customer:

The only lights on my panel are the salt and rinse aid lights. So no error code.

Jon : if the dish is not filling with enough water then I would first shut off the water to the dishwasher then remove the supply line to the dishwashers water valve and check that and theater valve for any clogs of sediment. If there is a clog of sediment it can restrict the amount of water entering the machine.
Jon : ok thank you about the error lights .
Customer:

I'm assuming you are talking about the water valve in the aqua stop box?

Jon : if no clog in the water valve or the fill hoses then you will need to check the water pressure to the dishwasher to make sure that is fine. If there is no or little pressure to the dishwasher Then will give you the lack of water to the dishwasher.
Jon : the water valve is under the dishwasher towards the front of the machine. You may need to pull it out completely to access it. Depending on how it is installed in your house.
Customer:

Yes, I have it pulled out, but is the water valve not the valve in the square box (aqua stop) at the tap end?

Jon : but definitely check that first. And if no clog then you will need a new water flow system. Which includes the water valve and components. For the parts you can call Meile directly at 1-800-999-1360 and ask for the parts department and tell them you need the water flow systems. They will know exactly what you are referring to.
Customer:

or is there another valve located under the machine as well?

Jon : You can find the water valve by following the water fill hose from th water supply at your house back to the machine. The water valve will be at the end of the line in the machine. Usually inThe bottom of the dishwasher.
Jon : There are a few valves. But only one water valve. And the one you need is under the machine. Follow the supply hose from your house line to the dishwasher and you will find it.
Jon : most times when you get hardly any water into th machine it is from the Lin being clogged with sediment. And it can be easily cleared by flushing it out with warm water.
Jon : Please do that first and if that doesnt solve your water problem then call meile for the water flow system like i mention above. then get back to me here if you have any other questions and I will help you more.
Jon : I see this exact problem a lot lately and it is usually the clog on the valve.
Jon : Please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat with ok service of better rating if you feel that I have helpd to answer your questions
Jon : and if you have more questions please feel free to get back to me her at any time and I will help you mor for no additional charge.
Jon : thanks
Customer:

Ok, will check out the valve. do you have a link to a pic of it?

Customer:

Also, how exactly do I get in touch with you directly?

Customer:

Will this fix the soap dispenser not opening as well? Are the problems related?

Jon : You will always be able to get back in touch with me here after you rate my performance positively with ok service or better rating.
Jon : As far as for the picture of the valve and placement in your machine I don't have. Sorry Miele puts out a very limited number of service and repair manuals which include the photos. But after you pull the machine out and remove either the lower or front access panel you will see the water valve.
Jon : And yes this should also fix the soap dispenser not opening as well. The dispenser in your model dishwasher works off a pressure release mechanism. Which simply means the dispenser will open after a certain amount of water hits it. So if the dishwasher is not filling up with enough water there will never be enough water hitting the dispenser to open it.
Jon : But this doesn't mean that 100% it will fix the dispenser not opening. I am not there so I can't tell for sure. I don't know if the dispenser is dirty and has a clog or build up of old detergent blocking the release mechanism from opening or if there are other external factors causing the dispenser to not open. Bu if you dispenser is clean and looks like it is in normal working condition then most chances the lack of water in the machine will certainly cause the soap dispenser to not open.
Jon : If after checking and fixing the poor water fill in the dishwasher the dispenser still doesn't open just get back to me here and I will help you more. And again, after positively rating me now I can help you again for no additional charge.
Jon : Please get back to me here if you have any other questions. You can even bookmark or save this page to your favorites for quick return.
Jon : Thanks and please let me know how you do.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.