Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Repairman has adjusted Water and has cleaned out in the bottom

Repairman has adjusted Water and has cleaned out in the bottom of the Dishwasher, however it is still not getting dishes clean, It is a Kitchen Aid purchased in 2006.
What can we do, Had to put new panel in it also.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hello, Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

The model number is XXXXX a sticker around the door aperture, It will start with letters, example KUD and then numbers then letters. Could you take a look please Rilla, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have given you what is there

No the number you gave me was not the model number, the model number will look like this KUDE70FXSS or similar.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can not find on Dishwasher, looking for book that came with it KUDIO1RBL2

Ok Rilla can you give me a minute to look that model number up please.
Thanks for that Rilla.

If your repair guy cleaned out the sump and the spray arms then the problem here is a very common one, The wash motor has weakened causing the water not to circulate at the correct pressure, This is why the dishes are not coming out clean.

The dishwasher would need to be pulled out from under the counter and the pump replaced.

Click here to order the replacement part

There is also a video if you scroll down the page that will show you how to do the repair.

I would like to earn your highest rating Rilla, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already spent a lot on this with the replacing the panel, how much will the motor cost and would I be smart to do this or buy a new dishwasher

The motor is about $120 depending on where you buy it, If the dishwasher is in bad shape I would cut your losses and buy a new one :(

If in good shape I would definitely fix it :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Rilla,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still trying to make a decision, probably will buy a new one.

I wish I had done that before I had to put the panel in because it was over $200. First Time I have ever had problems with a dishwasher and first time I bought a Kitchen Aid. What kind would you recommend.

I normally recommend Whirlpool