Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a GE Triton Dishwasher, model # XXXXX The water

I have a GE Triton Dishwasher, model # XXXXX The water does not drain completely at the end of the cycle. There is a puddle sitting in the bottom. What could be the possible cause and the possible solution.
Thank you.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look the model number up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

Thanks for that Diana,

It's likely the drain system has gotten restricted or the solenoid has failed.

Take the panel out from under the door, Set the machine to drain, look under the machine as you do this, see if the solenoid actuates, should be a clunk when this happens.

If no clunk and you don't see the solenoid move then the solenoid should be replaced part 497.graphic

If it does clunk the dishwasher will need to be pulled from under the counter and the drain system checked for a blockage.

I would like to earn your highest rating Diana, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.