Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi, I have a Maytag Ensignia. It just stopped distributing

Hi, I have a Maytag Ensignia. It just stopped distributing the fabric softener and of course I guess it is not spinning fast enough. The clothes are still very wet with when the spin cycle is done...even with the extended spin. I have tried to check the drain hose and some water comes from it. It seems to be trying to agitate while spinning and I don't think it did that before. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker on the back of the control panel on the far left or just under the lid somewhere.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

So Sorry. Having problems with getting this form to work with my computer. Model # XXXXX

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
That's quite alright. Thank you for replying back. I am afraid to say that you have quite a big problem however. The only thing that can cause the washer to try and wash while spinning is the transmission on this unit. The cost of replacing the transmission would be about $350 or so, so most people will just replace the washer rather than repair it, but that's completely up to you. It's pretty rare that the transmission fails in this way. Normally the transmission will actually start slipping inside the gear case causing it to spin out slow. The result of slow speed spin is still the same either way, so I'm not sure it matters, but I just wanted to mention how it normally fails.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.