John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Whirlpool dishwasher will not start,Ive checked to see

My Whirlpool dishwasher will not start,I've checked to see that I have power, checked the door switch, and I have continuity when checking the terminals of the fuse, so I think it is good. Is there a way to test the High limit thermostat before I just replace it, to be sure it is the part that is bad? there is absolutely no lights or response when pushing the touch pad on the door. Thank you!
Hi I,m John I will help you with the d/w not starting .
The hi- limit thermostat wont stop the d/w from lighting up, the fuse you checked is it the one on the control ?
please send me the model number .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the fuse I checked is on the control ( part number675813) the model number of the dishwasher is DU920PFGQ0, a Whilpool

OK, remove the bottom panel and remove the cover number 42 and look at the connections to see if your getting 120 volts at that location and let me know what you find please .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that is where the house power connects to the washer, that was the first place I checked, and yes it has 120 vts

Both switches at the door lock are ok as well ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, both switches at the door show they are carrying 120V when switched on

You can check the hi - limit thermostat by removing one wire from the terminal and check for continuity, if no continuity replace the thermostat, let me know what you find please .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

John, I'm a bit confused. after looking at the diagram, ( and reading other users info) I can't seem to find anything that even remotely looks like the high limit thermostat in the photo. Can you tell me where the wires would run to or from that I may trace it down that way? There is a small plastic box that holds a switch, and is positioned under a plunger where the thermostat is shown in the diagram. it checks out OK. but like I said, I cant seem to find anything that looks like the photo. Appreciate your time and patience! Dan

The switch under the plunger is the float switch and that switch stops the water from entering the d/w, that switch will not be the problem, the hi -limit thermostat is located on the left side and is attached to the under side of the tub ,its number 18 in the breakdown ..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I found it, and with wires removed, there is continuity through the thermostat

OK, if the 120 is at the d/w and the door switches and the thermal fuse are ok the only part left that can cause the problem is the control, the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN, , one of the relays has to be burnt out,the cost is $171 85 at Repair clinic .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was afraid it would be that :( is there any way to test and repair just the relay? I know we live in a component world, but I like to fix problems, not just replace components..I guess I'm a dinosaur these days. And Thanks in advance for your help and patience, Dan

Thats the problem , the relays are not available if they were you could unsolder the failed one and replace it .call Whirlpool to see if you can get a rebuilt one, or if they have a warranty on the board .
Unfortunately you cant find the parts to do the repairs. call Whirlpool to see if they have any rebuilt boards in stock or if the board has a warranty .