Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
69602385

I have a kitchenaid side by side, the freezer works great,

I have a kitchenaid side by side, confirming a suspected control board issue. the freezer works great, the fridge was only holding 50 degrees.  I belive it to be the main control board for this but not sure if there is a chance of it being just a thermistor. I replaced the air damper already and it improved, there are not blockages and the air flows in, but the refer control led lamp wont light now.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 3 years ago.

Appl-Tech :

Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!
Can you give me the model number off the label inside the food section, please.

Appl-Tech :

I see you are offline, so while you are checking the model number, is it possible for you to remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer so you can see the cooling coil? I just want you to check to make sure that there is no frost blocking the fins on the coil. If there IS frost on the coil please tell me how much when you come back with the model number.
Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The model is KSRP25FNSS00. The coils frost but dont freeze solid, the evap fan runs with the compressor, the inside fan by the coil runs and blows steady good flow to the ice maker tunnel and the flow was blocked by the air damper between the compartments. it did not operate to open or close so I wedged the vent open and the fridge cooled fine. It still cools great keeping at 35 in the fridge but after i replaced the damper the led stopped lighting on the fridge control section of the control board. I can hear the beeps like it is changing the settings and the other leds in the control panel work fine but no fridge setting led. The damper door seems to function and I can hear it motoring some when I change the fridge settings but I was thinking the control must be bad for the led to not work and thought I would confirm that here before spending alot on the board.
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 3 years ago.
Bryan,
If you have replace the motorized damper assembly and the LEDs do not work on the control board, then you have a problem with the computer control board. The two parts work as a unit to open and close the damper allowing air from the freezer section to enter the food section and supply the cooling.
Here is a link for the part
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/8201673/1059854

Replace that part and you will be good to go.

If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you rate my help as positive for JA today?
You may continue to ask me any follow-up questions after rating my help by hetting the "Save & Exit" Button. I will be notified by email of your request should you still need my help.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out with your question.
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bryan,
I thought I would follow up on how your fridge is doing. Were you able to get it working?
If you have any questions about other appliances in the future, you can save my direct link to ask.
here it is if you ever need it.
http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-appl-tech/
Thanks for using JA