Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washer Model LS86200KQ0 Serial

My Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washer Model LS86200KQ0 Serial Number CP2565882 finishes the wash cycle and starts to drain the tube for the rinse cycle and then just stops. I can here it try to shift and then it immediately stops and no other sounds. It just stops with no other sounds. It's like a circuit breaker pops (but hasn't). If I move the dial back around to the wash cycle it runs and sounds normal. But just as soon as it gets back to beginning of the drain and rinse cycle, it tries to start pumping out the tube , but makes the normal shifting sound and then stops and is silent with no other action.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you let the washer just continue, will the timer stop counting down or will it count down to the end even though it won't spin or drain?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The timer stops

Ok that's a common problem and it means that your lid switch is bad and doesn't think that your lid is shut. It will stop the washer from advancing for safety reasons if it doesn't think the lid is shut. You'll want to order and replace the lid switch to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order as well as a video you can watch to see how to take the washer apart because you'll need to remove the entire outer shell to replace the lid switch.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why does the washer fill and run with the lid open before it gets to the drain/rinse /spin part of the normal wash cycle?

The lid only stops the unit from rinse/drain/spin. The lid does NOT stop the unit from running during wash since it's not as dangerous.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, that makes sense to me now. Thanks

No problem, that's just how they designed them.