John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dryer is slow to stop on tumbling...the heating elements

My dryer is slow to stop on tumbling...the heating elements are fine...what do I need to do, and who should I contact? I bought my dryer from Lowe's and it is approximately 6 years old....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
Hi I,m John I will help yo with the dryer problem .
How long does the drum take to come to a complete stop please .
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It is slow to start...will sit there for a few minutes and have to take clothes out so it will run...have to put clothes on the right side of the dryer with a small load for it even to run

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
Does the motor start p right away but the drum wont start up is that the problem ?
Send me the model number please .
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

The model number is: GLEQ2152ESI

Yes, you are correct the drum will not start up with a full load of clothes.

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
If thats what is happening the belt has stretched a little thats why the drum wont start up with a load of clothes, replacing the drive belt should fix the problem.
The part number isNNN-NN-NNNNthe cost is $ 12.00 .
if you require more assistance let me know please .
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

So, who do I contact to get the belt replaced and about how much is it going to be in total? I am sorry for being a burden Mr. John, I am just not sure who should take care of this issue...

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
If you cant replace the belt yourself I would contact your local appliance service man and ask how much their service call is.
The belt should take 1/2 hr to replace .
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

About how much does that cost per hour? Would it be beneficial for me to purchase the belt before the appliance service comes to visit?

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
The belts cost is approximately $ 12.00, so you know the price of the belt , the service call and the labor should be around the $ 75.00 mark .
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Would it be hard for me to replace the belt myself? Do I have to completely disassemble the dryer to replace the belt or can I get to it easily? I do not have a problem replacing belts etc. if I do not have to completely disassemble my appliances. Can you give me your best advice please...hire a technician or be able to replace it myself...

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
You can replace the belt yourself, you remove the screws at the back of the top and pull the top towards you then you have to remove the front and pull the drum out to replace the belt .I will try to find a video on how to replace the belt .
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

That would be awesome Mr. John and greatly appreciated!!!! Are you going to send me a link via e-mail or should I wait for your reply on this site?

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
Here is the video on replacing the dryer belt .
If you require more assistance let me know please, open up this link .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PdL6cI8aPU
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Thank you so much....not hard at all. My hat is off to you...enjoy the rest of your Labor Day sir....:-)

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX enjoy yours .
A rating of three or more will credit me for kelping with the dryer problem .
The Appliance doc .
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
How did you make out with the dryer belt ?
if you require assistance in the future let me know please .