John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My dryer is slow to stop on tumbling...the heating elements

My dryer is slow to stop on tumbling...the heating elements are fine...what do I need to do, and who should I contact? I bought my dryer from Lowe's and it is approximately 6 years old....
Hi I,m John I will help yo with the dryer problem .
How long does the drum take to come to a complete stop please .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is slow to start...will sit there for a few minutes and have to take clothes out so it will run...have to put clothes on the right side of the dryer with a small load for it even to run

Does the motor start p right away but the drum wont start up is that the problem ?
Send me the model number please .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number is: GLEQ2152ESI

Yes, you are correct the drum will not start up with a full load of clothes.

If thats what is happening the belt has stretched a little thats why the drum wont start up with a load of clothes, replacing the drive belt should fix the problem.
The part number isNNN-NN-NNNNthe cost is $ 12.00 .
if you require more assistance let me know please .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, who do I contact to get the belt replaced and about how much is it going to be in total? I am sorry for being a burden Mr. John, I am just not sure who should take care of this issue...

If you cant replace the belt yourself I would contact your local appliance service man and ask how much their service call is.
The belt should take 1/2 hr to replace .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About how much does that cost per hour? Would it be beneficial for me to purchase the belt before the appliance service comes to visit?

The belts cost is approximately $ 12.00, so you know the price of the belt , the service call and the labor should be around the $ 75.00 mark .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would it be hard for me to replace the belt myself? Do I have to completely disassemble the dryer to replace the belt or can I get to it easily? I do not have a problem replacing belts etc. if I do not have to completely disassemble my appliances. Can you give me your best advice please...hire a technician or be able to replace it myself...

You can replace the belt yourself, you remove the screws at the back of the top and pull the top towards you then you have to remove the front and pull the drum out to replace the belt .I will try to find a video on how to replace the belt .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That would be awesome Mr. John and greatly appreciated!!!! Are you going to send me a link via e-mail or should I wait for your reply on this site?

Here is the video on replacing the dryer belt .
If you require more assistance let me know please, open up this link .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much....not hard at all. My hat is off to you...enjoy the rest of your Labor Day sir....:-)

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX enjoy yours .
A rating of three or more will credit me for kelping with the dryer problem .
The Appliance doc .
How did you make out with the dryer belt ?
if you require assistance in the future let me know please .