Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Amana Refridgerator, model abb2524dew. The freezer

I have an Amana Refridgerator, model abb2524dew. The freezer is too cold and the refrigerator isn't cold at all. Fan is working, but blowing cold air out the back. Cleaned all the parts; no frost build up. The little device that controls the opening of the airflow in the fridge doesn't seem to be staying open (or opening at all). Should there be cold air coming out the back and what would cause that opening to not stay open or open at all?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the freezer is too cold and the refrigerator is too warm, this means that your damper assembly is not opening to allow air from the freezer to get to the refrigerator. The damper is the flap behind the back vent just below the ceiling inside the refrigerator. You'll need to order and replace this damper assembly to fix the problem. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!