Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I own a KitchenAid Dishwasher Model # XXXXX It has

I own a KitchenAid Dishwasher Model # XXXXX

It has stopped working. The "1 hour cycle" light is on but the dishwasher won't run. I have replaced the fuse before-- is this the problem?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The fuse wouldn't cause this problem because this fuse actually cuts power to the entire control panel. So if the fuse were bad there would be no display. Can you still change all of the different settings and options? Or are none of the buttons on the panel working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

None of the buttons are working -- it is just stuck on the 1 hour wash

If the light is not flashing and it's just stuck on the 1 hour wash. Then unfortunately you have a shorted or confused control board. Try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work you will need to order and replace the control board inside the door of the dishwasher, located in the upper right corner.