Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Nfw7200tw amana washer not spinning only if u help turn it

Nfw7200tw amana washer not spinning only if u help turn it by hand to help start it off but if u don't the washer shows a error code e3 how do I fix I don't think motor is bad because when it goes to the main spin it doesn't have problem
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So regardless of whether the unit goes into main spin and has a problem or not, E3 is a fairly bad error to get on this washer because it means that the washer thinks the tub is having difficulty turning so the motor is overloading. The first test you want to do is to open the door and spin the tub to make sure the basket is spinning freely. If everything spins freely, you have a problem with the motor or the main control board not reading the motor properly. There is no way to test which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game as to which part you want to replace first, but generally the motor is the part that technicians replace first. If you order parts from they allow you to return them in case you need the control board instead of the motor, but the motor itself is normally the part that fails giving this error.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ill try control board first

alright, you can try either part first if you'd like--I would just recommending ordering it from only because most places don't allow you to return electronics after you install them if you end up needing the other part. It's a good option to have on issues like this which you can't test to know which part has failed for certain.