Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

On a MAV4057Aww Maytag wash machine I removed the 4 bolts from

On a MAV4057Aww Maytag wash machine I removed the 4 bolts from the inner tub, but the tub doesn't lift off the transmission shaft. What do I do next to remove it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Those 4 bolts are the only things that mount the inner tub to the aluminum hub below it. The problem is that this washer is known for the inner basket seizing onto the hub. It's really difficult to remove the basket, but it's just stuck. Spraying RustBuster on the center area of the inner basket helps, but usually getting an extra hand to lift up on the inner basket while you hit down on the shaft with a wood block and hammer tends to be the best way to break it free to remove it. It won't be easy, but there is nothing else holding it.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!