Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

clothes washer repair

clothes washer repair
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. do you have a model number ? and make ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model #KAWS850JQ0 Kitchenaid Automatic washer
okay perfect. did you replace the lid switch ? Lid Switch Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, but I have it mechanically wired in the shut position and the wash cycle (agitation) does work.

okay , You mean you have it bypassed or just put tape or something around it to keep it in one position ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The mounting part of the switch was cracked and so I was able to pull the switch out into the tub area. Then I manually pressed it down and then finally used insulated wire to keep it down. Like the tape idea only wire. Not sure if the switch is normally open or normally closed. I could cut the wires and bypass the switch if you think that is the problem. I know to be careful. I am pretty skilled at electrical and mechanical, not just sure of all the components in the circuit.

yes unplug the washer and cut the wires. tape them together. its broken anyway so no difference. see if it runs then . I believe it will, these break inside also .the two gray wires together.