Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidaire model number FFMV162LWA microwave that

I have a Frigidaire model number FFMV162LWA microwave that went blooey after a small piece of metal was inside a box that I didn't know about. Power went out completely and won't come back on. I replaced the 20 amp fuse but nothing what else would need to be replaced to resore the power. No fire or anything it was only for a split second.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the fuse tests good, there are 3 other options that can cause your problem. There are 2 other thermal devices that can fail if metal gets inside the unit and sparks. These are different looking fuses and are about the side of a dime, round, and have 2 wires going to them. One is mounted above the microwave cavity, and the other is mounted on the side of the magnetron. The microwave will need to be un-installed and the outer shell taken off to test these parts. If both parts have continuity and you're sure the microwave is getting power, you'd need to replace the control board.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!