Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

my freezer started thawing blowing out hot air. I turned off

my freezer started thawing blowing out hot air. I turned off and pulled out and cleaned. when I plugged it back up only the light came on and nothing else
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Go around behind the freezer, facing the rear to the left side of the compressor turn that part in the center of the 2 screws clockwise 1/4 turn, the freezer should then come on.

If it does come on wait a few hours and see if it cools. If it does cool normally replace that part you turned. That is the defrost timer. It has gotten stuck in the defrost cycle and that is why it warmed the freezer.

If for some reason this does not work please use the reply to expert link so we may continue. If everything works as I suspected then that will be a correct answer that will solve the problem, in this case please leave a rating for me.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

keep in mind but when I pulled the freezer back nothing happen no blowing no motor nothing came on but the light

I understand, that is the defrost timer and you are advancing it manually because I think the internal timing motor broke and I believe it may have broken in the defrost cycle instead of the cooling cycle.