Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Miele fridge /freezer alarm went off and is still going

My Miele fridge /freezer alarm went off
and is still going off. i have cleaned out and thrown most
things out and it still is not not freezing

Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

If nothing is freezing you would have to get at the compressor and see if it is running or hot to the touch. If it is hot and not running you need to check the fan by the compressor to see if it is running and blowing air. If it is blowing air and the compressor is hot then either the compressor is bad or the compressor relay is bad. If the compressor is cold and the fan by it is not running then you have a temperature control issue as the unit is not being powered up by the control. Unfortunately there is no simple fix for this issue other than unplugging the unit for 30 seconds and plugging it back in to see if the unit may be locked up and needs a reset.

Also check the door switch and make sure it is being activated when the door closes to make sure the inside fan is running,