Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore gas dryer model 110.70602990. Problem dryer

I have a Kenmore gas dryer model 110.70602990. Problem dryer comes up to temp when first use( Flame comes on) After running and reaching temp flame will not come on egnitor will glow but no flame. I believe cycleing thermostat is faulty. Just want to know which part to replace. Thank you
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Actually the cycling thermostat is not going to be the issue. The cycling thermostat cuts out the igniter and you said the igniter comes back on but not flame appears. First, make sure your vent is cleaned and the best way to do that is just run a cycle without the vent hose connected to the back of the dryer to see if things change. If your dryer still won't dry properly, then this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!