Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I am a small appliance repair company. I am working on an Amana

I am a small appliance repair company. I am working on an Amana Refrigerator model number ATB1838AES . I need to change the evaporator motor I would like to use a universal motor The one that is there is 120volts 60Hz 3.5watts BUT also has an electronic board, which I don't know what it does. The question is can I use a simple evaporator motor to do the job
If you can find a motor that will fit, it is okay with this model, the electronic contol has nothing to do with it...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory