Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have a Bosch dishwasher Model SRV53CO3UC/30 that is not draining,

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher Model SRV53CO3UC/30 that is not draining, when I bring up the error codes I get a C3 and PO you answered this for someone else but my machine is not draining at all. Which part(s) do these combination of errors and not draining point to please? If it is the control board I am confident i can install that myself, if it is the pump etc I think I need to have help. I am on a budget and as a single female like to try to be self sufficient when I can and mended my washing machine a few weeks back! Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Bosch service technician and I can help you today.

Jon :

The error and diagnostic codes you are getting do come back to the miscommunication between the computer and drain pump. But that just means the computer and the machine recognize that the dishwasher is not draining.

Jon :

To know exactly what is failing, whether it is the control board not sending power to the drain pump or if it is the drain failing on its own, we will need to do some voltage checks with an ac volt meter.

Jon :

If you dont have one we can still get a pretty good idea as for what is going on if you take a look at your drain hose going to the sink drain or garbage disposal.

Jon :

First thing to do hear is remove the drain hose from wherever it is going and check the end of it for any clogs. If no clogs found then let the dishwasher for now just drain into a large pale.

Jon :

If you did find some clogs then remove the clog as best as you can then put the hose back and re try the drain cycle. If it works and drains as normal then you are lucky and all you needed was to clean the hose.

Jon :

IF no clog and are going to leave it draining into a large pale next fill the machine with a little water manually. like about two gallons of water or so then hit the drain cycle to activate the drain cycle and go down in front of the machine. tell me if you hear a humming noise?

Jon :

If you hear the humming noise then that is an indication that the computer is sending voltage to the drain and wash motors so that is likely not the issue.

Jon :

ANd most likely have a faulty drain motor and needs to be removed and checked and even possibly replaced.

Jon :

if no humming at all and you are sure the door is fully closed and the cycle is on correctly then you will need to replace the main control.

Jon :

Please run those checks and get back to me here with what you have found and I will help you more. Or if you have more questions or concerns again, please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more.

Jon :

IF you find the problem and need parts come back to me here and I will try to get you part numbers and tell you where to get them cheaply and give you instructions to install them.

Jon :

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please rate my performance below this chat with ok service or better rating. And again, if you have more questions even after rating me at another day and time, please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

Thanks and please let me know how you do.

Customer:

Hi Jon, thanks very much for the reply. Ok so I checked the drain hose and it was not blocked at all. I left it in a pail and pressed the 2 'cancel drain' buttons but could not get the machine to drain and it did not hum, total silence....So I then tried a 'rinse cycle' which is 9 minutes, the machine did hum this time and the cycle counted down in time but there was no discernible activity (other than the hum) the motor/pump didn't run and the unit did not drain. Hope this gives you a clear picture of which part has failed. Many thanks. Karie

Jon : Hey karie
Jon : thank you for the response. If no hum when advancing to a drain and hum when selecting a new cycle means the drain motor needs to be replaced.
Customer:

Thanks again Jon, ok that may be more difficult to install than the control board I am thinking....do you advise getting a Bosch pro? Thanks Karie

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
The drain motor is either seizing or is just shot. The humming means the voltage is being sent the motor but obviously not working.

Double check the model number on the sticker just inside the machine and post it back to m here and I will check the part info. This way you can order the part on line and have it sent to you. I will be much cheaper. Then just have a comp at come out and replace it for you. That will save you hundreds.

Please get back to me here if you have more questions and I will help you more.

Please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions after rating me positively please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will continue helping you for no additional charge.

Thanks.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Definitely difficult to replace. Even for a repair technician.

I would definitely call a service company that is authorized to service Bosch machines. And then just order the part and save yourself some money on the parts cost.

If you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Thanks.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I will do that tonight and send you model number etc and see how much the part costs. In the meantime I am rating you :)

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Karie,

Thank you for the positive rating and very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.

Please get back to me here with the full model number and I will get you the part info so you can order the part on line and have it sent to you.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Jon, the full model number is SRV5 3CO 3 UC/30. I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate all your help. Karie

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Karie,

You are very welcome. I will get back to you by days end with the part info.

Thanks.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Karie,

Below is a link to a website that has the parts info. You can order the part righ from them if you would like.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Bosch-Par ts/Dishwasher-Parts/167082/0022/630/Model-SRV53C03UC30/1794/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=P0609138&diagramPageId=00004&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=SRV53C03UC30&subCompDesc=Sump/motor&brandDesc=BOSCH&modelDesc=DISHWASHER&blt=11&shdMod=SRV53C03UC-30&keyId=460

Just copy and past the link above to your browser and the parts info should come up. If not here is the info.

Drain pump kit part number 167082k. Can be ordered at either www.searspartsdirect.com or at www.marcone.com

Please get back to me here if you have any trouble ordering the part of have any other questions.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Jon, I have been very impressed with you! I am keeping your info so I can direct future questions to you. Take care and have a good day!

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Karie,

You are most welcome. It has been a pleasure helping you. I would very much appreciate it if you and anyone you know would come back to me again for any of your kitchen and laundry appliance questions. I will help you to the best of m knowledge and ability.

In fact, you can come directly to me by going to the link below. That is my very own profile page with justanswer. And there you can ask me any questions you need to and it will come directly to me and you will not have to wait to get an answer from an expert like you would if you posted your question to the main question page.

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-jon-grella/

Just bookmark the link above to come back to me quickly.

Thanks again.