Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kitchenaid ice maker KUIS15NRTWO that is leaking water

I have a kitchenaid ice maker KUIS15NRTWO that is leaking water out of a plastic box on the lower left side of the unit. I have removed the box and taken off the cover; there are a couple of PC boards that I can see, and what appears to be a tube on the top and one on the bottom. I can't get the tubes off to replace the box nor am I sure that the box is the issue. thanks for your help.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is actually your electronic water valve. The reason why it has a control board mounted to it is because it was designed to be a smart valve. Where it can actually monitor the ounces that go into water reservoir. Either way it all comes as one part and that electronic water valve will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Click below for the part you will need to order and replace.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, I see you send a reply but there are no words in the reply.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry it would not work the first time. is there some trick to getting the tubes off of the old water valve and on the new one? I was afraid I would break them and have another problem. thanks

There is a little plastic collar where the water line connects to the valve. Push the collar toward the valve and pull out on the water line away from the valve to release the water lines.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

excellent! thanks for your help.

No problem and good luck once again!