Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Kitchenaid dishwasher isnt working. When I press the start

My Kitchenaid dishwasher isn't working. When I press the start button, the clean and cancel light come on and it sounds like it is draining then stops and the clean light remains on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model number KUDM24SEWH3

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is the clean light flashing 7 times and pauses for a second and starts flashing again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, just comes on with the cancel button light and I hear the pump and when the pump quits in about 2 or 3 minutes, the clean light stays on constant.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Let see if we can reset the unit.

graphic

All the lights should come on when this is done. let me know if that happens...

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I assume you dishwasher is working now?

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, it went through the cycle then at the end all the lights remained off. I tried to start the dishwasher and it did the same as before. The clean and cancel lights came on, the pump ran, the pump stopped and the clean light stayed on, all within 3 minutes.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It will let you change the cycles on the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, it allows me to select/change the cycles.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping we could reset the computer and it would work again, however the problem is in the main control board, This unit is about 12 years old I believe, you can order a replacement main control by clicking on the blue link below...

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Chas, do you have the instruction on how to install it?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Not hard to install, you need to remove all the screws around the door, there should be about 10 of them when you open the door, when you lift out the inner panel you will see the control, just transfer the wiring over to install it... takes about 30 minutes to do...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No problem

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech