Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Our Bosch dishwasher ordinarily shuts off when we open the

Customer Question

Our Bosch dishwasher ordinarily shuts off when we open the door. It is not running constantly, whether door is open or closed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Barry, thank you for choosing our service.

Look around inside the dishwasher. May I have the model number from the model/serial sticker please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Susie, give me just a few minutes to look up that model number.

Other than the dishwasher not shutting off when you open the door, it does do a normal wash cycle like it always has?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not certain it did a normal wash cycle. When I thought it sounded different I opened it up and couldn't tell if water has come in or not. Just not certain but it has never done this before. It is probably 8-9 years old.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
I understand. There is a safety switch built into the door latch assembly and this has become stuck or something has broken in the latch that is keeping that switch in the closed position so that the dishwasher thinks the door has not opened. It could be that you just need to disassemble the door and clean the switch and then spray it with some wd40 to get it freed up so that it works again. If that does not work be sure to replace that assembly. I have the correct part linked below for you.

Turn off the breaker before attempting to disassemble the door. There is not a repair video for your exact model but here is one that is close. It will give you a really good idea of what you are looking for and how to access the part. That will take care of it. If you have any questions at all Susie please ask. If not then please leave a rating for me.